Assisi Animal Health developed the Assisi Loop®, an effective non-pharmaceutical anti-inflammatory device (NPAID®) that works as a PEMF therapy for animals. The Loop helps heal wounds and relieve pain in cats, dogs, and horses.
Assisi Animal Health reveals five symptoms of Lyme disease—a tick-borne infectious disease—in animals. Lyme disease can mimic other illnesses and ailments and can be difficult to diagnose. Here are several symptoms to be aware of.
1. Arthritis. With Lyme disease, one or several joints of the horse could be affected. It is most often sporadic, but can develop into a chronic condition. The horse’s forelimb is often the most affected joint, and will look swollen and be warm to the touch. Larger joints such as knees are also at risk.
2. Generalized stiffness. Watch for stiffness or lameness in your horse’s working joints—knee, elbow, fetlock, hock, or stifle as well as sporadic lameness or lameness that shifts from limb to limb. This happens because of inflammation in the membranes that enclose the joints. It can affect your horse’s spine, forelimbs or rear limbs, or pelvis.
3. Muscle tenderness. If your horse flinches when being groomed or is sensitive to stimuli, it may have hyperesthesia, which results from its skin and nearby nerves becoming inflamed.
4. Nervous system abnormalities. Symptoms in this category include pain, numbness, pain, Bell’s palsy (facial paralysis), and meningitis (severe headache, stiff neck, and fever).
5. Changes in behavior. Is your once energetic horse lethargic? Does it seem unwilling to work or appear irritated? These could all be symptoms of Lyme disease.
Less common signs can include low grade fever, weight loss, difficulty swallowing, profuse sweating, neurological problems, and eye inflammation. Pay close attention to all of the aforementioned symptoms and signs, and if your horse exhibits several of them, have him tested by a veterinarian.
Assisi Animal Health’s clinical solutions complete the Circle of Care® — the collaboration of veterinarians and owners in animal health and healing. Our company helps veterinary professionals and owners improve the quality of life for companion animals using the Assisi Loop, the non-invasive, non-pharmaceutical healing device that is based on the same FDA-cleared technology used on humans. The device uses low-level pulses of electromagnetic energy to reduce pain and swelling, and to enhance recovery.